London Wine Academy Ltd Terms and Conditions
These provisions cover your use of this website (www.londonwineacademy.com “the Website”); please read them carefully. By accessing or using the Website, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. In the event that you do not agree to be bound in this way, please do not continue to access or use the Website. These terms and conditions may be modified by us at any time; any modifications are effective and binding on you immediately from the time that such amended terms are included on the Website.
1 ABOUT THE LONDON WINE ACADEMY
This Website is operated by the London Wine Academy Ltd of 60 Cannon Street London EC4N 6NP. Our telephone number is 0845 555 11 00 and our email contact address is email@example.com.
2 WINE COURSE TERMS & CONDITIONS
For the terms and conditions that are applicable to our Wine Courses, please see our Wine Course Terms & Conditions which are set out below. You will need to accept these prior to booking a place (in writing, via our website or over the phone) on any of our Wine Courses.
3 ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the services provided under the Website from time to time and without prior notice. Please note that we accept no liability to you if the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period of time.
Please note that you may only use the Website for lawful purposes. You may not use the Website in any way or for any purpose that is either fraudulent or that breaches any applicable local, national or international law whatsoever.
In the event that you contact us to provide feedback in respect of any Wine Course or Products that are purchased by you, you must ensure that all such feedback is accurate, the views expressed are genuinely held and must not contain any statement or content that is defamatory.
You are solely responsible for making all appropriate arrangements for you to have access to the Website. You are also solely responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your internet connection are aware of and comply with these Terms and Conditions.
5 DATA PROTECTION
We carefully select the websites to which the Website is linked, but we are not responsible for the privacy policies of such websites, nor are we responsible for the terms and conditions and content of such websites.
Please note that you are not authorised to create a link to the Website or any part of it without our prior written consent.
7 INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The design of this Website, text, pictures, graphics and the selection and arrangement of such materials and all software compilations, coding, underlying source code, software and all other material whatsoever on this website is copyright The London Wine Academy Limited or that of its licensors. Any infringement of copyright in the Website or the materials on it may lead to criminal and/or civil liability. All our rights are specifically reserved.
You are permitted to electronically copy and to print hard copy portions of the Website for the sole purpose of using the Website as a research and information resource provided you agree not to change and/or delete any content, web design and/or layout contained in such material. The use of any other
materials on the Website for whatever purpose is strictly prohibited. Please note that you must not use any part of the materials on the Website for any commercial or business purposes.
8 LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Please note that all the material and content that we have provided to you on the Website has been so provided without any guarantee, condition or warranty as to its accuracy. To the fullest extent permitted by law we expressly exclude: All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute or operation of common law; Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by you in connection with the Website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of your use of the Website, any websites linked to the Website and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if the same was foreseeable.
Nothing in this clause or these terms and conditions affects our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under the applicable law (see below).
9 JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
These terms and conditions are subject to English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim or dispute arising from or related to this Website and the services that are offered on it.
10 COPYING OUR COURSES
The London Wine Company has spent considerable time and resources in developing a range of unique programs for our Wine Courses. These are recognized as being of high quality and excellent value for money. In order to protect our reputation and goodwill, we police our rights, and where we find that infringement has taken place, we have an invariable policy of taking appropriate legal action.
WINE COURSES – TERMS & CONDITIONS
By booking any Wine Course with The London Wine Academy, whether by telephone, via our website or via a booking form, these terms and conditions shall apply and you agree to accept such terms and conditions. (the “Terms and Conditions”). Throughout the Terms and Conditions, “We”, “Us” and “Our” shall mean The London Wine Academy, “You” or “Your” shall mean you the customer and “Course” or “Courses” (as the context shall admit) shall mean such Wine Course or Courses that You have booked to attend.
1 GENERAL PROVISIONS
- We shall take all reasonable care and skill in providing the wine courses. You are solely responsible for ensuring that details submitted to us when booking any course are correct. It is your responsibility to inform us of any food allergies or other dietary requirements in your party within reasonable time for us to make the necessary arrangements on your behalf. This also applies to any person(s) for whom you have purchased a gift voucher.
- You must be at least 18 years old to attend one of our courses. By making a booking by whatever means you warrant that at the time of the relevant course taking place for which you have booked you will be 18 years old or over. We reserve the right to require you to produce appropriate proof of age at the commencement of any course/event.
- We endeavour to provide courses in accordance with our promotional and offer materials, but we reserve the right to make variations to such courses as may be required from time to time. We shall notify you of any material change that we are making to any wine course that you have booked.
- It is your responsibility to update us in writing if there is a change in your contact details.
- We are not liable for any damage which may occur to clothing or personal effects at or during the course of any of our courses.
You agree to:
· obey any instructions given to you by your tutor;
· maintain a reasonable standard of safe behaviour
1. We shall not be responsible for, or have any liability to you in respect of:
2. accidental damage or injury resulting from the actions or omissions of anyone attending any course;
3. any loss of income or revenue, loss of profits or contracts; or
4. any indirect or consequential loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of our breach of contract or negligence.
5. These exclusions do not exclude or limit in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any matter which we cannot exclude or limit by law.
1. Please note that payment must be made in full at the time of booking any Course. For bookings by telephone and via our website we will require your credit card details. When booking a Course with a booking form you must also provide your valid credit card details clearly on the booking form. Your booking will be accepted once we are in receipt of cleared funds. All fees quoted are inclusive of VAT. Corporate events are quoted exclusive of VAT
2. All places on our courses are allocated strictly in the order that bookings (whether made via telephone, website or completed booking forms) are received.
3. All telephone bookings must be followed up with written confirmation via email or fax.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
Cancellation by us
Cancellation due to Bad Weather
In the event that we have to cancel a course due ( at no fault of our own) to bad weather or other acts of Nature, you will be able to reschedule your booking to any other date within 6 months of the original date or pass the booking to a friend.
Cancellation for other reasons
Occasionally for reasons beyond our control, it is necessary for us to
cancel a course. In the event that we have to do so you may re-book
(availability permitting) an alternative course and any difference in the
course fee will either be reimbursed by us or paid by you. If this is not
possible, or you are unable to attend an alternative date or course that we
suggest to you, we will refund the full purchase price. In the event that
we have to cancel a date and we offer you the option to change your booking to
an open voucher and you accept this offer, you then agree to be bound by our
terms and conditions relating to open vouchers.
Cancellation by you
- When booking as an individual
consumer, you may cancel the booking of any course at any time within 7
working days of making your
booking, in which case you will receive a full refund minus a £30
- If the course you have booked is
taking place in less than 7 working days after booking, you agree that
your right to cancel will end as soon as we provide services to you.
- If you have purchased a course/voucher for a specific one day course and cancel your place on that course/voucher with more than
12 weeks notice, you can request a refund minus a £30 administration
fee per person.
- If you have purchased a
course/voucher for a specific evening course and cancel your place on the entire course with more than
12 weeks notice, you will receive a full refund minus a £60 administration
fee per person.
- If you book a course/voucher and
cancel that course/voucher with less than 12 weeks notice then you will not
be able to get a refund but you can reschedule and points 1 – 4 below
Rescheduling Procedure for Wine Courses and Workshops
If you wish to change a booking to another date or another course and you
contact us to do so you will be able to transfer to another course, subject to
availability, (within 6 months of the original course date) or transfer your
place to a friend/colleague or family member. The following charges and rules
we book courses at our venues we are subject to their own cancellation policies
and terms and conditions which invariably impose financial penalties. In
consequence, any rescheduling of a booked wine course by you will be charged as
- If a booking is rescheduled to
another date or course and you contact us to do so with more than 12 weeks
prior to the beginning of the event, no fee is charged. If a booking is
changed to another date or course between 4 and 12 weeks prior to the
event, a £75 administration fee applies for all courses and £30 for
- If a booking is changed to
another date or course between 3 and 4 weeks prior to the event, a £100
administration fee applies for all courses and £50 for One-day events.
- No date changes are allowed with
less than 3 weeks prior to any event. However, subject to 5. below, you
are welcome to transfer your place to someone else. It is your
responsibility to inform us of such transfer prior to the event and you
must make the transferee aware of our terms and conditions and any such
transferee agrees to be bound by our terms and conditions.
- Your booking is only transferable
under point 4 above provided that we are given at least 48 hours written
notice. In the event that you give us less than 48 hours written notice,
the booking is non-transferable, as it would not leave us with enough time
to update the venue, tutor and registers. Please note if you decide to
transfer your booking, such transfer must be advised to us in writing (email)
and is only effective once we have received signed acceptance of these
terms and conditions by the transferee.
- Name changes will be free of
charge for the first change and charged at £25 per change thereafter.
- If you are unable to attend any
course due to illness, and you give us at least 7 working days notice upon
receipt of such notice and your medical certificate, you will be able to
reschedule the date of the course/voucher subject to availability. A £100
administration fee for all courses and a 50% fee for all one - day events.
If you are unable to attend any course due to illness as such that you are
either unable to attend on the day or you give us less than 7 working days
notice of illness, you will lose your place on the course and you will not
be able to reschedule or claim a refund as we will still be charged by our
venues for your place.
- In the event that the venue
concerned charges a day delegate rate in respect of cancellation at anytime,
we reserve the right to pass this charge on to you.
- If you fail to attend any course,
no refund will apply.
- Please note that we accept no
liability or responsibility for any costs or expenses in respect of
bookings for travel, board and lodging incurred as a result of any
cancellation of a course or change of venue/location within the City it was originally booked. Please check if a course is definitely taking
place before making any travel or accommodation arrangements.
- Our administration fee of £30
including vat covers our time, administration, delegate rate and other related costs incurred on your behalf.
- We strongly recommend seeking
alternative insurance to cover non-attendance of any booked course.
- Nothing in these terms and
conditions affects or limits your statutory rights.
Wine Courses, Tastings, One-day events and Gift Vouchers
1. Full payment must be received prior to the course start date.
2. A place on a course or a voucher enrolment is allocated strictly in
the order that payment is received.
3. Gift vouchers must be used as specified on the voucher or before the
expiry date if an open voucher was purchased. Vouchers can be
extended free of charge for another 6 months maximum if requested prior to the
expiry of the voucher date on the gift voucher. Expired vouchers cannot be
redeemed as the voucher number will no longer be accessible on the
4. Open vouchers can be changed to a different course type upon payment
of the difference in course fee.
5. Open Vouchers are valid for 6 months and can be extended for a further 6 months. If the written request is received prior to the expiry of the voucher, this is done free of charge. If the request is received after the expiry date, a fee of £30 per booking applies to recreate and re-validate the vouchers on our system.
6. Gift vouchers are non-refundable and have no cash value however
bookings can be changed to another course or person subject to the terms and
conditions stated above. (Rescheduling Procedure 1 – 4)
7. All reschedule notifications or cancellations must be received in
writing (email or fax).
7. We reserve the right to charge your credit card with the outstanding
amount if the applicable administration fee has not been paid.
Missed class procedure for level 1 and level 2 courses:
You can arrange to sit in on any missed class from the level 1 and level
2 courses within 6 months of your original booking (subject to availability) at
a fee of £30 per class. Email our offices for further instructions. No requests will be processed without a credit card
Terms and Conditions
Corporate, Group or Bespoke
1. A 50% deposit is required when booking a corporate or group event. For
the purposes of the Terms and Conditions, a “corporate” or “group event” is one
that has specifically been designed or put together for you and cannot be
booked by other members of the public.
2. The balance for any Corporate or Group Event is payable no later than
7 working days prior to such event.
3. Cancellations and Refunds
- If you cancel any confirmed Event
Booking with more than 12 weeks notice then your deposit will be refunded minus
£250 + vat and any other costs that have been incurred on your behalf.
you wish to cancel any confirmed booking with less than 12 weeks notice then
you will not be able to get a refund but you can reschedule your booking to
another date within 3 months of the original booking date subject to
availability. An additional rescheduling fee of
£150 + vat will apply. Other
charges we incurred on your behalf may also apply.
- If you need to reschedule any
confirmed booking with less than 4 weeks notice you will not be able to
get a refund. You will loose your deposit and are liable for any other
costs that have been incurred on your behalf that have not been covered by
4. Any further charges including without limitation such items as any
extras or other charges incurred that are not already included in the agreed
event fee, are payable within 7 days after the event.
5. We reserve the right to charge the credit card on file with the
outstanding amount if payment is not received within 7 days after the event.
6. All corporate events are quoted exclusive of VAT.
All the above Website and Course Terms and Conditions shall apply to you
in so far as these are not inconsistent with these corporate Group or Bespoke